Conversations

In Talking with Jen tonite I was reminded of something I keep forgetting to write about. My late night conversations with Nick.  He talks quite plainly...in his sleep.  The other night while snuggled under the covers blissfully reading my latest novel, trying to keep the booklight from shining in Nick's face while he snored, he rolled over and squinting into the light he looked straight at me and said quite clearly,
"Its a good buy."  At which point I'm thinking he's dreaming about work.  So being fairly awake I decide to play. 
"What is?" I inquire. 
"This."  He informs me, poking my pillow and blinking.  He blocks his eyes with his other hand. 
"Really?" I say, "Why?"
"Its $7.00, you should buy it."  At this point I can barely breathe from trying so hard to keep a straight face and not laugh.  He pokes my pillow again and blinks. I say,
"OK I think I will." 
"You should buy it." Punctuated with another poke.  I am DYING!!! He continues a couple more times till I can hardly stand it at which point I say barely without a snort. 
"OK...(giggle)...I promise...(heehee)...I'll buy it...but you have to go back to sleep first." 
"OK."  He rolls over and begins to snore.  I lay on my back holding my ribs with one hand and plaster the other over my mouth and hoot into it!  The next morning I asked if he thought we should get new pillows and if he thought $7 was a good price.  He shrugged so I explained.  He smirked and then laughed and said "Maybe so I dunno."  He has talked in his sleep his WHOLE life.  His mom used to here him on the other side of the house yelling, "I told you NO!"  She'd go check on him and he'd be telling someone off that wasn't there.  He now chats a lot about computer things.  Usually though his conversations are real wordsd mixed with a lot of...qiwhfiuegiehgognmg werfhjwo eqorthj[whgow  eoighjeoign.  Things I can't pronounce or understand.  Though one night he sat straight up on the edge of the bed and says,
"It this big and its purple."  Holding his hands out as if to measure about 2 to 3 feet long.  I was pretty much asleep, but I sat up.
"What is?"  He said a few unintelligible things and then laid back down and went right back to snoring.
Another time he had set his alarm especially early for work because he wanted to eat and take his time that morning. At 6 am the alarm goes off and he rolls over...
"Why did I set that so early?" he says turns off the alarm and goes back to sleep.  I figure he realised he'd still have plenty of time, reset my alarm for 15 minutes later and dozed.  When my alarm went off he say bolt upright and asked why his alarm didn't go off??  I answered,
"But it did!  You turned it off!  YOU SAID why did I set this so early and turned it off!"
"I did??" 
Now I make sure he is UPRIGHT and heading for the bathroom before I go back to sleep in the morning!!
Now mind you this is not complaining because you know what?  I talk in my sleep too!!!!  Though apparantly Nick has never caught it.  He has heard me grunt in my sleep.  I'll be dreaming and grunt audibly when I am thinking about speech in my dream.  But my friend Jess got it once!!  I sat bolt upright in bed and shouted,
"Those are my muffins!" And went back to sleep. 
I am beginning to wonder if the reason we don't really argue is because we hash everything out while we sleep!  What an awesome arrangement!

Comments

Kitty said…
I loved it Abby. I couldn't wait to read it after I clicked it. You had my attention the whole time. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to start mine once I figure out where I can type. hehehe
Jen Jen Baby said…
He hardly catches you talking in your sleep because you are awake in the middle of the night! hahahaha!
ARLo said…
Maybe so Jen Jen!!

Popular Posts